Hunger Games, 2012-03-31
The Hunger Games event was played on Saturday the 31st of March, 2012.
The event was to hosted on the Graveyard Server (graveyard.hcsmp.com), with 100 willing tributes, a selection of cameramen to livestream the event (including some of the tributes), and gamemakers to keep the show entertaining. Unlike in the Hardcore Server, the administrators and gamemakers were allowed to interfere with the tributes to encourage them to fight for the glory of their district.
The reaping took place on Sunday 6th of March, although final updates to the list were made last-minute as some players didn't arrive, and others dropped out unexpectedly.
A central Cornucopia was built by the gamemakers, stacked with the items you needed to survive.
The game was run through use of several plugins:
- A Hardcore Mode plugin to keep dead players out.
- The UltraHardcore plugin, simply to disable the hunger regeneration features.
- RealisticChat, to only allow users to communicate within a certain range. The default values were tweaked, and only the walkie-talkie (compass) was allowed to be used as such.
The following media came from the event:
- Foxitude and Savoie
- Foxitude's post-death stream
- Telum's (gamemaker) Perspective (starts at 58:00)